At approximately 10:45am on Wednesday morning, GBFD was dispatched to a reported house fire. E140 was first to respond, and upon arrival found smoke showing from the residence. After a brief investigation, a first alarm was called. Crews attempted to make access to the first floor, but were unable to make progress to due to conditions inside the building. Upon arrival of additional resources, a push ... (Full Story & Photos)
Kidde recalled nearly 5 million disposable fire extinguishers because of a faulty valve.
The Associated Press reports that Kidde issued the recall after receiving 11 reports that the devices failed to discharge as expected.
According to the recall notice, a faulty valve component may cause the fire extinguishers to not fully discharge when the lever is repeatedly pressed and released during a fire ... (Full Story & Photos)
Kidde Disposable Fire Extinguisher with plastic valve
On Tuesday, October 28th, members had a very busy day, responding to 4 calls in a 5 hour period. While on scene of an EMS call, members were alerted to an accident at Rt. 138 and Fairmount Road. Upon arrival, units found 2 cars involved in an apparent head on collision. Units secured both vehicles, and assisted with traffic control until the cars were removed. While on scene, members also responded ... (Full Story & Photos)
Structure Fire, 33 Hillside, Ave.
Capt. Tyler Dente, 1st. Assistant Chief Albert Melillo and Lt. Rescue Jordan Miller.
Participating in the National Fire Prevention Week, and to kick off a month-long series of community outreach events, GBFD will visit the students and faculty at Increase Miller Elementary School to promote fire safety education and fire awareness. ... (Full Story & Photos)
Thanks for Visiting Our Site!
Bookmark us so not to miss any news or updates and please, take a moment and sign our: Guestbook